Sunday, April 29, 2012

Playboy Bunny Threatens Wildlife Violence

Former Miss USA and Playboy model (NSFW link) Shanna Moakler says one of her dogs is missing and another is under veterinary care after the animals were attacked by a hawk at her Calabasas home.

“A eagle attacked my 2 chi’s today, my girl pup is at the vet, my boy is missing, between my cat and my pups, i’m about to f**n kill things,” she tweeted Monday, but later referred to the animal as a hawk.
Once you get used to seeing real eagles often, it would be hard to mistake them for a hawk.  As small as a chihuahua is, I have a hard time seeing any of the common American hawks lifting even a small one, but I'm pretty sure either a Bald or Golden Eagle could.  But a Bald Eagle would prefer that an Osprey do the hard work.
“Not gonna lie, feel like hunting hawks today… don’t feel bad about it either,” she tweeted Wednesday.
 That would certainly be a violation of one or more Federal laws designed to protect virtually all non-game birds in the United States.  I understand the emotion.  But I wonder how she feels about ranchers who are faced with livestock losses due to coyotes, wolves and mountain lions.  In my experience, most urban dweller lack empathy for the people who actually have to live with wildlife on a day to day basis.

“I live in a neighborhood where coyotes and hawks are prevalent,” Moakler told Hollyscoop. “We took the dogs outside to go to the bathroom and they were attacked by a hawk. My one puppy may have lost an eye, we won’t know for a couple weeks and the bird flew off with my other puppy. It was like out of a movie.”

“I just hope people with small dogs will start taking precautions with their pets outside and try to protect them from predators. I hope people just remember not to take things for granted as you never know when they can be gone, both people and fur babies,” she added.
Brother Ted uncharitably suggested, that if you don't want your dog to get carried away by backyard birds, perhaps you should have larger dogs, more able to defend themselves.

No word on whether the hawk was employed by the White House.  Nope, not tired of it yet...

Over at The Other McCain, Wombat Socho's Rule 5 Sunday done come on Monday this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment