Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bonus Dog Day

After last nights events, we did not go to work today, and I was assigned to take the dogs to the beach so Georgia could get some rest...

It's gorgeous weather here now, with a clear blue sky, temperatures in the high 60s to low 70s.  A bit of a breeze.
The Flower du Jour, Pinkweed, or Pennsylvania Smartweed, or Knotweed.  Whatever you call it locally, it's Polygonum pensylvanicum in the Buckwheat family  It grows in dense mats in damp areas.  I was a bit surprised to find this clump on the cliff growing amid the Kudzu.  You often see it in large masses along road edges.  Even though it's a weed, you can buy seeds to start it.
The Monarch Butterflies must be on their way south to Mexico.  I saw quite a number of them today, all flitting about, and never landing.  I was luck this shot came out as well as it did.
The eagle are still about.  This one stayed quite still as I wrestled with Hendrix on the leash while trying to get this shot.  I also saw a pair of juveniles flying together (siblings?) today, but the result of my attempt at a photo of them was pretty awful.
 We met up with Red and Joel way up the beach.
Skye is happy she didn't have to stay on the leash.  Hendrix drinks bay water until she get an awful case of diarrhea; not a happy thing, she's not trusted off...

No comments:

Post a Comment