Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Palin 2: Lame Stream Media 0

After their crushing defeat in the case of the "Party of 1773", where the media accused her of thinking the Revolution occurred in 1773, when she was actually referring to the original "Tea Party, which did, in fact, occur in 1773, the media and the democrats (but I repeat myself) accused her of a similar error in saying that Paul Revere warned the British.  Having heard the Longfellow poem in 2nd grade social studies, they didn't know that little detail (I didn't either, but then, I hadn't just been to the site...).

In fact, Paul Revere did warn the British troops that the colonists were arming against them:  From the Massachussetts Historical Society, the text of the actual Paul Revere letter describing the days events (pg 4):
I observed a Wood at a Small distance, & made for that.
When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,
and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared
to have the command, examined me, where I came from,
& what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he as-

ked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if
I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He
demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and
aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River,
and that There would be five hundred Americans there
in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.
He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us,
when all five of them came down upon a full gallop;
one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major
Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name,

& told me he was going to ask me some questions, & if I
did not give him true answers, he would blow my
brains out. He then asked me similar questions to those
above.
He then orderd me to mount my Horse, after
searching me for arms. He then orderd them to advance,
& to lead me in front. When we got to the Road, they
turned down towards Lexington. When we had got about one
Mile, the Major Rode up to the officer that was leading
me, & told him to give me to the Sergeant. As soon as
he took me, the Major orderd him, if I attempted to
run, or any body insulted them, to blow my brains out.
We rode till we got near Lexington Meeting-house,
when the Militia fired a Voley of Guns, which ap-
peared to alarm them very much. The Major inqui-
red of me how far it was to Cambridge, and if there were
any other Road? After some consultation, the Major
I reminded some liberal morons of this recently after they crowed what a moron Sarah was, apparently because she didn't know the Longfellow poem as well as they did, and they responded with personal attacks.  Apparently the fact that Sarah Palin knew more American History than they or MSNBC did didn't sit well with their rather narrow world view.

No comments:

Post a Comment