Saturday, January 15, 2022

Rule 5 Saturday - Marcella Pushing Daisies with Anna Friel

I found this Rule 5 winner watching "Marcella" on Netflix, where she stars as the namesake British detective:
Anna Louise Friel (born 12 July 1976) is an English actress. Born in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, she has been acting professionally since age 13. Friel achieved fame with her portrayal of Beth Jordache on the British soap opera Brookside (1993–1995), and came to international prominence when she played Charlotte "Chuck" Charles on ABC's Pushing Daisies (2007–2009). 

I remember being amused by "Pushing Daisies." 

Friel made her film debut in The Land Girls (1998). She has since appeared in various features, such as A Midsummer Night's Dream, Rogue Trader (both 1999), Sunset Strip (2000), Me Without You (2001), Timeline (2003), Goal! (2005) and its sequel (2007), Bathory (2008), Land of the Lost (2009), London Boulevard, You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger (both 2010), Limitless (2011), The Look of Love (2013), The Cleanse, I.T. (both 2016), and Books of Blood (2020).
As Marcella
Since 2016, Friel has played the title role in the British "Nordic" noir detective series Marcella. She won the International Emmy Award for Best Actress (2017) for her performance. Speaking about the series and her character, she said, "I nearly pulled out of it after I'd accepted it ... because I just thought, 'Oh God, how can I do this? There are so many amazing female detectives that have done it so well, I don't know what I can offer differently' ... so when it was received as well as it was, I thought maybe I had done something that is different and I've put my own ownership and my own stamp on it"  In 2018, it was announced that the series would return for a third season. 

Some NSFW shots from around the net.

Linked at Pirate's Cove in the weekly Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup and links. Linked at Proof Positive in the weekly Best of the Web* and at the Right Way in the weekly Rule 5 Saturday LinkOrama. The Wombat is back in the saddle with Rule 5 Sunday: Yvette Mimieux, RIP.

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment