Monday, February 27, 2012

That's Cutting It a Bit Close


Injured BASE-Jumper Jeb Corliss Vows to Keep Flying
Famed BASE-jumper Jeb Corliss says he will continue to jump for the rest of his life despite sustaining devastating injuries in a crash that saw him barrel into rocks at a speed of 120 miles an hour.

“That’s what I live for,” Corliss told ABC News’ Dan Harris in an exclusive phone interview today from the South African hospital room where he is recuperating from the crash.

“The only reason I’m getting better is so that I can jump again,” he said. “That’s what I do. There’s absolutely nothing in this world that’s going to stop me from jumping.”...

Corliss was rescued by authorities at Table Mountain National Park and airlifted to a hospital with broken bones throughout his legs.  He is expected to be released from the hospital Friday and vows the experience won’t dissuade his passion.
A fairly grandiose form of insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment