Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Dog's View from the Beach

Skye here!  The big guy said he didn't have enough exciting to talk about, so he's transcribing this for me!

It started early this morning, when the humans stayed in bed longer than usual, and lingered over breakfast and coffee instead of getting out and leaving the house!  This is a good sign; when that happens, they often take me to the beach!  I started bugging the big guy to go!

I was worried when the female left the house!  However, after a while (it seemed forever), she came back!  They began their usual routine, wrapping something around them!  I can't pretend I understand!  But shortly, they let me jump in the running machine, and off we went!

The light was poor at the beach, and there was water falling from the sky, and it made my fur a little wet!  So I went in the water to be all wet! But none of the water was solid (yes I understand solid water, the big guy lets me lick ice cubes sometimes), and I don't know why the humans acted so uncomfortable!

We walked a fair ways! Well, they walked the whole way, but I ran a lot of it, back and forth!  We didn't see many other humans, or any dogs, but one group stopped and the female one patted me on the head!  I like that!  Then the big guy gave me a treat!  I like that, too!

We didn't find anything edible on the beach; not a single hot dog or bun lost near a fire, or even a crunchy fish head, but I had fun looking for some anyway!  The humans stopped to pick things up once in a while, but I checked, and there wasn't an edible morsel in the lot!  However, the big guy had a pocket full of treats, and I didn't starve!

We never saw any of those big flying scavengers that they like to point at and point that little metal thing that the big guy carries at, however, there were some other flying things down there, like this little one on the right! I gave it a good chase, but it flew off before I could grab it!  I hardly ever catch any of them!  But not for lack of trying!
After a while, we turned around and headed back, and as is customary, I lead the way, and made sure that nothing edible had escaped my notice on the way up!  They told me to get in the running machine and we ran home in it!

At home, the female wiped me down!  I don't understand why, but she always insists, and sometimes even the big guy does it instead! 

So with luck, maybe we'll go to the beach again after we sleep!

Editorial note.  When Siberian Huskies talk, all sentences end in exclamation points.

1 comment: