Saturday, March 5, 2011

To Heck and Back

 I had to go to DC today for a meeting.  Georgia came with me, but went to the Botanical Gardens instead of to the talks. I have a bunch of pics..




The Washington Monument at the end of the Mall as we crossed from parking at the Museum of Natural History to the site of the meeting
 A slant view of the Museum of Natural History.
 The Castle.  The main administrative building of the Smithsonian.



 A carousel on the Mall, just down from the Castle
 One really cool horse on the carousel, all the rest were just ordinary.
 The Museum of Arts and Industry building, currently under gutting and renovation.
 A close up of the statuary on the top of Arts and Industries.
My destination.  The Ripley Center, which lies mostly underground between the Castle and the Freer Gallery, and connects with both of them.



Georgia providing a little scale.

3 comments:

  1. alll those museums to go through. Id love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should. You pay for 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been through most of them at one time or another with school field trips, some as a student, some with my kids.

    ReplyDelete