Saturday, July 27, 2024

Rule 5 Saturday - Vikki Lenola

This week's Rule 5 features model, and vegan activist, Vikki Lenola:
I am the Producer/ Director for The Vegan Fashion Show, a charitable and educational non-profit event and organization. Our mission is to celebrate and elevate vegan fashion through facts, fundraising, and fun events! Guests can enjoy a fun fashion show while contributing to meaningful, long-lasting help for animals in Canada. Proceeds benefit Animal Justice, the organization leading the legal fight for animal protection in Canada. The event showcases vegan collections from multiple designers and brands on the catwalk. There are also vegan vendors, speakers, musical guests, creative dance, raffle prizes, photo walls, and film. Educational materials are available to take home as well.

These days I am successful with a lot of my work, landing myself and others in high end publications like Forbes, Playboy, Fashion Week Online, Elle, the world’s biggest tabloids, and countless more. Being a model on clothing and product brand websites was once a goal that’s just too easy now. I wake up to paid brand deal offers in my DM’s. I have a large, engaging audience, and I was verified long before Meta offered to sell it for a few bucks. It wasn’t always like this, however. I worked hard and consistently over the years to get here. In fact, when I look back at some of my beginner pictures and videos on social media – I cringe.



I founded The Vegan Fashion Show because I wanted to find a way to help animals by combining what I’m passionate about with what I’m good at and am experienced in. The vision of our organization is an informed and compassionate fashion industry. A lot of people don’t think about how their clothes were made, or realize the mass and immense suffering animals go through. If they saw what was going on in-person, many people would be in tears and certainly wouldn’t pay for it, especially when it’s entirely unnecessary.

Save the animals. More for me. Linked at the Pirate's Cove in the weekly Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup and links.  The Wombat makes up time with Rule 5 Sunday: Hangar Queen Double-Scoop Sunday! and FMJRA 2.0: A Glimmer of Hope. Linked at The Right Way in the weekly Rule 5 Saturday LinkOrama.





















1 comment: