Tuesday, July 16, 2024

A Tuesday Tune - I'm The Boss


LA Magazine, Meet Celleste. 
it’s an honor to have you on the platform. Thanks for taking the time to share your story with us – to start maybe you can share some of your backstory with our readers?

Music has always been in my family, my father was a musician and singer, so we always had music playing in the house. Our family parties were filled with live music, where everyone would play an instrument or sing a song… it made for very entertaining family gatherings. I did many shows as a child in various local dance troops, but the first time I sang into a microphone in front of a crowd was at one of those family parties… and let me tell you, I was hooked – right there I knew this was what I wanted to do when I grow up. I started a band after graduating from high school and organized performances at local church basements. That was the beginning of my DIY mindset. From there I started taking private singing lessons, which led to auditioning for a production show, where I got the role as a singer and dancer, performing as many as nine shows a week. I also had the opportunity to tour Europe as a backup singer, dancer and assistant choreographer for a very successful Canadian Sony recording artist.

I modeled, was the face of Canadian makeup brand “Élégant”, was on the cover of Summum Magazine (Canada’s equivalent to Maxim), did some acting, and was the lead actress/singer for a Yoplait Yogurt national TV ad-campaign in both French and English. I got to do lots of fun shows, including performing at Montreal’s Bell Centre arena before the legendary Alice Cooper, singing and dancing on televised galas for Montreal’s world-famous “Just for Laughs Comedy Festival” alongside the likes of Craig Ferguson and John Pinet, being featured on Time-Warner’s IndTV, showcasing at Canadian Music Week in Toronto, and performing at the NAMM music trade show in Anaheim, as well as Hollywood’s Musexpo showcase. When I met producer Eric Dick at the beginning of my artistic journey, we immediately clicked and started songwriting together. I became the singer of his show band, and we developed a great friendship. Eventually, we realized we were not only a strong working team but also soul mates. That led to releasing lots of music together for my own solo career, starting an independent record Label, and finally realizing a childhood dream we each had, moving to California in late 2017.

The Wombat makes up time with Rule 5 Sunday: Hangar Queen Double-Scoop Sunday! 















No comments:

Post a Comment