Saturday, December 29, 2012

Rule 5 Saturday - We Need Some Charisma

Charisma Carpenter that is.  It seems that I've used practically every other female member of the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" as Rule 5 fodder, well, at least Sarah Michelle GellarAlyson Hannigan, and Eliza Dushku so I thought that in the interests of fairness, I owed my Rule 5 fans at least that much.  And anyway, I was running a little low on ideas this week.

Charisma was born in Las Vegas in 1970. Fortunately for us, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas.  She tried out for the role of Buffy, but was cast as Cornelia, the vapid cheerleader, and original foil for Buffy, but eventually evolving into one of the good good guys girls, a role she continued in the Buffy spinoff "Angel".

Post Whedon, she has kept busy, starring in a variety of film and TV roles.  She even did a Playboy spread (NSFW links, if you didn't guess):
When asked by People magazine in 2005 about her nude pictorial and whether or not she would ever pose for Playboy again, she replied, "I don't know. I did Playboy for a very specific reason. Not only was it a good financial move, but it was about the place I was at in my life. I had just had my son and I'd gained 50 lbs. during pregnancy. I wanted to get back to my old self. I wanted to feel desirable and sexy. So I thought, 'What if I went full throttle?'"
So she did, and we are all, well, at least most of us, grateful.




















Wombat-socho links this post at The Other McCain in his Christmas Edition "Rule 5: Come Dancing." William Teach at Pirate's Cove linked with "Sorta Blogless Sunday and Pinup", loaded with other links. The Classical Liberal also picked up the link in his Rule 5 linkfest "Been Away Too Long."

No comments:

Post a Comment