Saturday, December 15, 2012

Rule 5 Saturday - Mila Kunis Has Shark's Teeth

TV really sucked the other night, and we found ourselves watching "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" (2008), in which Mila Kunis played the part of the consolation prize/hidden gem.  I noticed at several points that she was wearing a shark's tooth neckclace, and set about to ask the internet if I could find a photo.  The best of several I found is on the right.  I also found a few others, to share for this Rule 5 post.
Born Мілена "Miлa" Марківна Куніс in the Ukraine in 1983, she learned English as a second language in early childhood, when her parents brought her to the US in 1991 with $250 in savings.  This likely explains her subtle, but, at least to me, unidentifiable exotic accent.

Her first big acting role was as the female airhead opposite Ashton Kutcher, who played the male stoner airhead, on "That 70's Show" (1998-2006).  She has achieved an impressive series of film roles, nominations and awards.

 A one generation rise from the bottom 1% to the top 1%. 
In 2011 she accepted a Marine sergeants invitation to the Marine Ball after he posted a Youtube invitation to her, and attended.

However, like most actors and actresses, her politics are abominable:
In a 2012 interview, she criticized the Republican Party, saying: "The way that Republicans attack women is so offensive to me. And the way they talk about religion is offensive. I may not be a practicing Jew, but why we gotta talk about Jesus all the time?
Tell you what, Mila, if you read this, I'll be happy to host you on a walk at the beach, and you can look for a really big shark's tooth, and try to explain conservative positions as I understand them.  Come in summer in your bikini, or in winter in furs; I don't care.  I'll even give you the pick of my collection to make a decent shark's tooth necklace made.















Wombat-Socho checks in with "Rule 5 Sunday: Night Flights" over at The Other McCain" right on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment