Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fishing at Dusk 10/6/11

I met Trevor down at the dock after work for a short evening of fishing.  I hadn't been out since before Irene, when I had the boat pulled out of the slip, for protection, and to get rid of a couple of years worth of barnacles and to get a fresh coat of bottom paint.  It was put back in the water with fresh paint late last week.
We found birds working on a school of mixed Striped Bass and Bluefish just outside the harbor, but they proved to be small fish and we moved on.   We found a few bigger fish in the shallow water at a familiar location.  The one above was the biggest, about 25-26 inches (I didn't actually measure it).  The one I'm holding (right) was only 20 inches, although I did finish my limit with one only slightly smaller than the one above.  But it was completely dark by then, and I passed on a photo. I would try to convince you that that a 25-26 inch striper was 15-17 lbs, but I know better.  Maybe 6 to 10, tops.

The lure of the day was a Yozuri floating minnow, in the 6.5 inch size.  Mine was silver and black, Trevor's was a facsimile, and dark gold.  And no, I didn't pay that much for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment