Saturday, January 22, 2011

More Stuff My Mom Sends

The hidden tax that is inflation.  Comments are supposedly made in 1955 (I was 4).





"I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $10.00."






"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before $1, 000.00 will only buy a used one."















"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit; 20 cents a pack is ridiculous."








"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging 7 cents just to mail a letter?"










If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store.









˜When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 25 cents a gallon?
Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."






"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $50,000 a year just to play ball?
It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President."







"It's too bad things are so tough  nowadays. I see where a few  married women are having to work to make ends meet."







"It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work."







"Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to government."





"There is no sense going on short trips anymore for a weekend. It costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay in a hotel."






˜No one can afford to be sick anymore. At $15.00 a day in the hospital, it's too rich for my blood."








"If they think I'll pay 30 cents for a hair cut, forget it.

1 comment:

  1. Black and white pictures sure make life look easier, more simple and neater.

    Ever notice that?

    ReplyDelete