Monday, April 8, 2024

Eclipse Day at the Beach 4/8/24

I got onto to the beach a little before 2 PM, with the eclipse projected to start at 2:04 PM here, and peak around 3:21 PM, with my trusty eclipse glasses. The weather was perfect for eclipse watching, perfectly clear and blue.  
It was breezy from the SE and the tide was very high, so I could only go as far as the rocks at Calvert Beach. I could first detect a nibble out of the sun at 2:10, and it was getting near the peak when I got home a little before 3. 
Between the high tide, and the breeze, the beach was not really conducive to shark teeth hunting, but I managed 8, including this nice Contortus

I came home, and Georgia and Gabi and I got to observe the peak of the eclipse here, 87% coverage. It got distinctly darker for quite a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment