Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Beach Report - Halloween Day 2023

A very winter like day, cloudy, just barely 50 F, with a 10 kt north wind. I had to break out my jean jacket for the first time since spring. 
The tide was half up and rising swiftly, and we had to wade to pass a couple spots to get by. 
Georgia waded past the rocks going from Calvert Beach to Matoaka before me, and found this 1 1/4 inch White Shark tooth sitting right out on the sand. Sorry the phone decided to focus on Skye rather than to tooth. 
I found this consolation prize Snaggletooth parasymphyseal tooth on the way back. Only 11 teeth total between us. 
This Great Blue Heron took off as a I approached, but only hopped one rock further out, judging, correctly, that I would have to be insane to chase him.


No comments:

Post a Comment