Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Beach Report 7/12/23 - Meg!

A pretty decent day, about 84 F, mostly sunny skies, 
The tide was kind of high, and initially I struggled to find teeth.
But then I reached into the surf zone after a black object, and was astonished to pull out this Megalodon tooth, or a least most of one.
Not the best specimen, especially compared to the the two Georgia found last year, but a least complete enough to be called a tooth and not a fragment. 1 3/4 inch

I also 'rescued' this Sphynx Moth from the surf. As Georgia asked me, Will it survive? I don't know, but it wouldn't if I hadn't picked it up.

Update: Not a Sphynx Moth, but rather a underwing moth, possibly a Scarlett Underwing Moth. I submitted the picture to BOMA for a real identification. 

No comments:

Post a Comment