Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Beach Report 12/8/21

For the last two days, weather casters have been threatening us with the dreaded "wintery mix", but last night they backed off to a mere cold rain.

We got a touch of rain in the morning, but by walk time, it was done. The beach was still cloudy to start with, about 40 F, and mostly calm.
Georgia picking up a tooth, or something. We hit low tide just about right, and the gravel was pretty good up on Matoaka.
Georgia out-scored me on teeth, with 12 teeth to my 9, but I think I found the best, this White Shark lower with an insanely robust root, that I round almost immediately. We also scored the usual mix of other stuff, crab claws, Tilly bone, a shark and a fish vertebrate, and ray plates.
By the time we made back, the sky was clearing,


No comments:

Post a Comment