BEAVER FALLS, N.Y. (WKRC) - A high school student was suspended after bringing a cup of coffee on the first day of school. According to WWNY, Julie Kaputa, a senior at Beaver River Central School in Beaver Falls, New York, said she was suspended on her first day of school as she entered the premises with a cup of coffee in her hand.
Kaputa spoke to reporters with WWNY, telling the outlet, “I walked in, I had my coffee with me. I got to my first-period class and my teacher said, ‘I’m either going to need you to dump that out or consume it on the spot or go down to the office.’”
Per the report, she said she was given an in-school suspension for violating Beaver River Central School's outside food and drink rule, which was a new addition to the school's code of conduct.
Kaputa's mother, MaryAnne Kaputa, said she doesn't believe the code is valid, telling WWNY, “She said, ‘It says there’s supposed to be a public hearing. When was that? We never knew about it. Did they announce it?’ And I said, ‘I don’t know, look.’ And we couldn’t find one.”
Kids these days. I didn't develop a coffee habit until my first year in college. A day of in school suspension seems a little harsh, unless she sassed the teacher who asked here to get rid of it.






No comments:
Post a Comment