Thursday, September 19, 2024

A Thursday Tune - Gymnpedie No.1

Fossil Rock people may recognize the melody.


Close-Up: An Interview With Classical Guitarist Iva Kosić
I come from Belgrade, the capital of Serbia.

When I was 8 years old, I enrolled in a local music school where I initially started playing the violin, before switching to classical guitar a year later. My dad is a self-taught guitarist, so I have practically been listening to the guitar since I was born. I was familiar with all the well-known pieces even before I started learning the instrument myself.
What do you love about playing classical guitar?

There are many things I love, but I would say the way the guitar is held when it is played is what I love most. There is a sense of closeness to the instrument, as if I am giving it a hug. Another thing I love is the versatility of the classical guitar; it allows a musician to create lots of different sounds and color variations. One note can sound very different depending on the position, pressure, angle, and so on. This leaves room for creativity and brings out the unique feeling that each performer has

You’ve built a big following online. What has your experience been like creating content?

Yes, and I must admit that was very unexpected! One day, I just decided to post a few videos and share my favourite pieces, but in just 3 weeks, I gained 10k followers. The response was very positive, and I received many messages from people telling me that the videos inspired them to start or resume learning the guitar, so I decided to continue posting. My experience so far has been amazing. I have met a lot of lovely people and have connected with other creators. On top of that, I have partnered with some great companies.

 


 













No comments:

Post a Comment