Monday, January 22, 2024

Went Fishin' - 5 Over 40

So, I was just getting it Flotsam and Jetsam together when I got a call from Pete, who, having pulled out of Buzz's Marina, and having his boat in his yard for a couple of windy days, wanted to go out and look for fish before he booked trips. Free trip for me!  Screw you guys. I went. 

As we were putting the boat in at Solomons, Pete saw a single truck and trailer in the lot, and recognized it as another guide. Once on the water, Pete contacted him and determined he was fishing north of Flag Harbor, but hadn't done much yet. We ran around to Location X, where nothing was happening. As we were pulling out, Pete got a text saying bait, birds and fish were working about 5 miles north, off Parkers Creek.  We got there in time to find:


Birds over fish, big fish. We caught 7, all over 40 inches. I caught 5 of them, but to be fair, it's because Pete was busy driving the boat, and unhooking the fish I was catching.

I guess Pete's going back to work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment