Tuesday, August 29, 2023

A Tuesday Tune - Reckless


Madison Elle Beer (born March 5, 1999) is an American singer. Born in New York, she began posting covers to YouTube in early 2012. Beer gained substantial media coverage when Justin Bieber posted a link to one of her covers. She released her debut single, "Melodies", in 2013.

In 2018, Beer released her debut EP, As She Pleases. The project was supported by the singles "Dead" and "Home with You", both of which were certified Gold by the RIAA. The following year, Beer signed with Epic Records, later releasing her debut studio album, Life Support in 2021. The album was supported by several singles, including "Selfish", which gained traction on the media sharing app TikTok, leading to the single's RIAA Gold certification. 

Madison Elle Beer was born in Jericho, New York, to a Jewish family on March 5, 1999. Her father, Robert Beer, is a real estate developer, and her mother, Tracie, worked as an interior designer before putting that aside to help navigate Madison's career. She has a younger brother named Ryder. Beer appeared on the cover of Child magazine after winning a modeling competition at four years old. . . . She celebrated her bat mitzvah in 2012.   
Beer has stated that her inspirations in her music and songwriting are Arctic MonkeysLana Del Rey, Daft Punk, Melanie Martinez, Lady Gaga, and Ariana Grande. When questioned if she was inspired by Grande, Beer responded "I mean, you know Ariana's been one of my favorite people ever for like, so much of my career and like, even just prior to my career, so I'm sure she's definitely influenced me, a lot. ... But, I hate this narrative that's being pushed about me and her, you know, that it's kinda like this competition thing, like this is someone I idolize and someone I look up to.

Not really my style of music, but she's obviously go getter, and found a niche. 

The Wombat has Rule 5 Sunday: Salma Hayek up on time at The Other McCain.

 















1 comment:

  1. I didn't see it mentioned in your text part, but .. the reason I know who she is is due to Riot Games hiring her to voice a character for a "virtual" kpop group comprised of some of their League of Legends game characters. The live performance of the 4 ladies plus the "augmented reality" of the 4 characters at their gaming convention in Korea was very interesting, and I found her to be very pretty there, though it never inspired me to look up any more of her music either.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9oDlvOV3qs

    ReplyDelete