Friday, December 4, 2020

Fish Pic Friday - Kraken Released - Coley Jens

Sometimes the Kraken you get is not the Kraken you want. This week's Fish Pick Friday is dedicated to Coley Jens. From her Instagram feed:

Never forget.. - On this day, 19 years ago, I decided to skip school like a lazy brat, destined to ultimately drop out of high school altogether.. I was upset that I couldn’t find anything on the television other than news. And then it hit me, what I was seeing. I felt helpless, and small. I was scared and sad for the images of those I saw burning up in the buildings. - I knew in my heart then that I didn’t acknowledge yet: that I would do something about those fearsome images. - Flashforward to February 2004: I join the United States Army, and I am ultimately stationed in Fort drum New York, where I will make friendships and bonds with fellow soldiers that will last a lifetime. - 


2006: I am deployed to Afghanistan; during my time spent there, I am awarded the Combat Action Badge - the first image you see in this post, and one of the most terrifying but unforgettable moments of my life. - We must never forget those who have fallen during this War on Terrorism. - We must never forget that we fought for the first responders who lost their lives while trying to save others, their safety taking a backseat to helping those who were fallen all around them. We must never forget their sacrifice. - But, most importantly, we must never forget that we must stand united with each other to those who wish to break the bonds of these United States. Together we are stronger, together we are better, and together we will prevail. Never forget we are all humans who deserve to be treated with kindness and respect, and we are stronger united as one! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ❤️πŸ€πŸ’™πŸŒ #neverforget #91101 #10thmountaindivision #climbtoglory #unitedwestand


Thank you for your service!

Linked at Proof Positive in the weekly Best of the Web* and at The Right Way in the weekly Rule 5 Saturday LinkOrama. Wombat-socho has and Rule Five Sunday: The Vintage Doll up and running on time and under budget.
















No comments:

Post a Comment