Thursday, July 4, 2019

Cookout and Fireworks

The Harbor had a pot luck cook out this evening, starting at 6 PM. Georgia brought fruit skewers and some of her many Cucamelons. Good food, and much too much dessert.
Afterwards we drifted down to the beach with our chairs, and claimed our viewing seats atop Fox Hole dune.

You can see the first fireworks way down the beach
Fireworks here are, of course, illegal in the hands of mere civilians, but every year, up and down the beach, people set of thousands of dollars worth of fireworks, and the local sheriff's deputies watch to make sure no drunks pick fights.

Is this a great country or what?
Pretty soon it was dark enough for the main show.

I apologize for the poor pictures. I didn't take my Nikon out of mothballs, and relied on my point and shoot Lumix. Actually, the colors seem to be truer, but getting focused shots was much more difficult.










I think this is a kid with a light stick necklace.





No comments:

Post a Comment