Wednesday, July 3, 2019

15 Year Old Beats Venus

Serena and Coco shake hands after the match
It's good to see some new blood in women's tennis, not that there was anything wrong with the old blood: 'I'm literally living my dream': US 15-year-old Coco Gauff reveals how she wept 'for the first time since Ironman died in End Game' after BEATING Venus Williams, 39, to make history at Wimbledon
The 15-year-old schoolgirl who beat her idol Venus Williams at Wimbledon has said she is 'literally living my dream right now'.

Cori 'Coco' Gauff, 15, claimed victory against the seven-time Grand Slam singles winner, 39, on No. 1 court today - less than a week after finishing her exams. She beat the tennis legend, who had won four of her Grand Slam titles before she was even born, winning 6-4 6-4.

Now, can she beat the sister?

Speaking after the electrifying match, an emotional Gauff revealed her friends and family are ecstatic - including her coach and father Corey.

She said: 'I know [my parents] are super happy, my dad was just jumping up every time I won a point. I'm just so happy and blessed that they really just spent all their time on me and my brothers and making sure that we're successful.'
Coco has an interesting "concentration face"


The Wombat has Rule 5 Sunday: Cynthia Kirchner up on time and within budget.








No comments:

Post a Comment