Monday, August 20, 2018

I'm Running Out of Russiagate Titles

And I'm too proud to just give them dates, or, say, random numbers. So here we go again:

JJ Sefton at Ace's Morning Report has a whole section on the Brennan security clearance revocation fallout: Brennan Pulls a Whoopi: When I Called Trump Treasonous, I Didn't Mean "Treason" TreasonLevin Unloads on Brennan's Deep State Defenders and Their Brazen Obama Administration HypocrisyBrennan's Anti-Trump Bellicosity Prompts Friendly Fire From His Own DefendersMichael Hayden Dares PDT to Revoke His Security Clearance TooRetirees Shouldn't Get Security Clearances (a-f***ing-men - jjs)PDT on Silencing Critics by Revoking Security Clearances: "If Anything, I'm Giving Them a Bigger Voice" (bingo - jjs) to which I'd add Clapper: Brennan's rhetoric is becoming an issueA Desperate John Brennan Starts His Apology TourJohn Brennan: Political Hack and last, but not least, Kurt Schlicters: Pulling Their Clearances Is Only the Start – It’s Time to Stamp out Elite Privilege.
Help, I’m being oppressed! My freedom of speech was been utterly stripped from me because when I retired from the Army those fascist monsters took away my TOP SECRET security clearance. See, a security clearance is a special privilege I should be entitled to exploit for as long as I want to because… well, shut up peasant, that’s why. I learned this in my Con Law class, right after we studied the Constitution’s text enumerating the rights to abortion, wedding cake baking servitude, and to be called by the bizarre pronoun of your – I mean “xir” – choice.
This is even a question? Did Sally Yates enable DOJ official tied to Trump dossier? GOP investigators want to know
"The real question that we need to find out from Mr. Ohr: Was he just a rogue employee acting improperly on his own or did he have some authority from within the Department of Justice and was Sally Yates aware of what he was doing?" Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, said Sunday on Fox News, alluding to Ohr's forthcoming testimony before the Oversight and Judiciary Committees behind closed doors on Aug. 28.
Professor Jacobson notes the Buried lede in the story of Trump's White House counsel spending 30 hrs with Mueller: “Mr. McGahn cautioned to investigators that he never saw Mr. Trump go beyond his legal authorities”
I’m reminded of the scene from the fugitive, where the fugitive Dr. Richard Kimball wrongly accused of murder (Harrison Ford) is confronted by Deputy U.S. Marshal Samuel Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones).  The fugitive says “I didn’t kill my wife,” and the U.S. Marshal responds “I don’t care.”
Leak of White House counsel's cooperation shows Mueller's team 'panicking,' Giuliani says. Well, Giuliani says a lot of things. Mueller doesn't panic; he doesn't have any skin in the game; it's all someone else skin, just like Steven Hatfill. More Giuliani: From Alternative Facts to “Truth Isn’t Truth”. He has a point, though. In the media's hand the truth is pliable and selective. A lawyers job is to show his clients side, and they resent the hell out of it. Trump Attorneys Worry Over What White House Attorney Told FBI Attorneys. It's what they get paid the big bucks for. The Donald doesn't help by saying  His White House counsel not a ‘RAT’ like Nixon’s.

PowerLine has thoughts on What to make of the White House counsel’s cooperation with Mueller
. . . although it’s unlikely that McGahn’s answers can form the basis for valid allegations of criminality by Trump, Team Mueller may well have obtained information it will use to allege criminality. It’s likely that, during all of those hours spent questioning McGahn, Mueller’s team obtained nuggets with which, creatively, to spin out claims that Trump violated this or that law. I’m pretty sure that, at a minimum, they obtained politically embarrassing nuggets to include in their report.

This brings me back to my first point. Trump and his lawyers should never have consented to McGahn’s interview with Mueller’s team.
Michael Cohen reportedly under investigation for $20M in bank fraud, Is this under the new standard that using the Oxford comma in a sentence in a loan application is fraud? The true test of a loan is whether it gets paid off. More "Nixon" talk in Michael Cohen's attorney says he's talking to lawyer who brought down Nixon. John Dean's publicist has been busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment