Sunday, April 15, 2018

SJW Exhibits the Courage of His Convictions

And Stacy McCain reminds us that Crazy People Are Dangerous to themselves as well as others.
How many times do I have to explain this?
A nationally known gay rights attorney and green activist set himself on fire and burned to death in Prospect Park early Saturday in a bizarre ecological protest suicide.
The charred remains of David Buckel, 60, were discovered shortly after sunrise when firefighters responded to a report of a fire in the southwest corner of the sprawling Brooklyn park, police sources said.
A suicide note indicated Buckel used “fossil fuel” in the gruesome suicide as a metaphor for the self-destruction of the planet.
“My name is David Buckel and I just killed myself by fire as a protest suicide,” read a hand-written message left at the scene. “I apologize to you for the mess.”
Buckel, who lived near the park, was a renowned lawyer and activist who worked with the Marriage Project for the gay civil rights group Lambda Legal.
He was also a well-known ecological activist, working with the NYC Compost Project, funded by the city Sanitation Department and based at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
He stapled his business card to the note and left behind a longer, neatly typed explanation of his self-immolation.
“My early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves,” he wrote. “A lifetime of service may best be preserved by giving a life … Honorable purpose in life invites honorable purchase in death.
“I hope it is an honorable death that might serve others.”
Well, at least he didn’t drive off a cliff with six black children.
Why so serious?

I couldn't find the song I wanted. but this will do:

No comments:

Post a Comment