Tuesday, April 3, 2018

I Did a Little Fishing Today

I took off this afternoon to give my boat a bit of a shakedown cruise and do a little fishing. One of the two batteries was a bit weak, so I started it on the strong one, but ran the motor on the weak one to charge it back up. Other than that, everything worked well.

"Location X" was not exactly a hub of activity on a Tuesday afternoon, with either fish or boats. A few well behaved boats, each taking his turn at the drift and mostly staying out of each other's way. The picture above is Ron "One Fish", who breezed in near the end of the afternoon.
As for the fish, it was a slow, steady bite. I managed 6 fish, 27, 28, 28, 29, 31 and 31 inches, and a few smaller, which I count as a decent afternoon. When you're relieved the fish you hook is a smaller one it's time to go home.

You'll have to click on this one to expand it and see, but all the little white spots were not waves, they were Northern Gannets. When I went to leave  the Bay out from "Location X" was loaded with them, scattered, and dive bombing here and there. I went out and looked, and all I found were big bait balls, not being attacked by concentrations of stripers. But pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment