Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Local Landmark Gets a Lift

This afternoon I invited Trevor out fishing. Fishing was very slow, and not helped at all by the 20 kt south wind that came up fairly shortly after we started. But we had fun anyway, watching the Loons and Ospreys, who were clearly doing better then we were.
After I got tired of being beat up and left for home, I noticed a black US Coast Guard buoy tender approaching the local channel marker buoy, 77A. I hung around to see what they were going to do, and it was only a couple of minutes before they had it hooked to the crane . . .

. . . and hoisted it out of the water. It looks like one of several they had on deck, so I suppose they'll take it to a yard for repair and maintenance, and it will be all bright and shiny when they bring it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment