Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day 2014 at the Beach

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers and grandfathers out there. I guess if you're here, you aren't surprised that we decided to "celebrate" Father's Day by going to the beach.

Actually I did very well for F-day.  Alex, or more likely Kelly, sent me a box of chocolates from their local chocolate factory, Sarris.

The weather is wonderful. Sunny, a little over 70, not humid, and just the right amount of breeze. The tide was down, but a stranded layer of leaves and bark recently washed in made the shell hash tough to pick through for fossil teeth. But we still found a few.
 Another butterfly new for the year, the Great Spangled Fritillary (Speyeria cybele).  I believe I've seen a few already this year but not close enough to identify.
This one flew on out into the beach and sip some brackish water, which gave me the opportunity to get this side on shot of the underside, showing the great spangles that I presume it's named after. Those white spots in the photo are shiny silver in the right light
 Just walking the dog...
An old friend dropped by, Dominic Fragman, a close friend of Alex's growing up, and now a professional drummer trying to earn a living in a tough business. Currently working in New York, he is down for a visit.  We exchanged new with him and his parents a while.
A good day for a sail, too

1 comment:

  1. I had great Father's Day. We went to the beach in Ventura, Calif... It was a great warm day. I was blessed my 4 tear old grand daughter was with us.

    Chris
    Owner CEL Financial Services
    http://linktown.wcnc.com/biz/cel-financial-services-fillmore-income-tax-preparation/fillmore/ca/93015/40261586

    ReplyDelete