Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools on the Bay

As I alluded to in today's "Schadenfreude" post, it was much too nice a day to stay in. After I watched the wind swing from 12 kts NE (bad), to 0.2 knots W (good) I took my first fishing trip of the year, down to "Location X" of course, where the big stripers are reported by be hanging out awaiting the spawning run later in spring.
Fishing, well, wasn't so good.  I caught one little one on my second cast, and spent the next 2 hours catching no more, and watching the boats around me doing much the same.  Fishamajig (pictured) an old friend turned charter fisherman, pictured against the cliff, informed me that the bite was much earlier, near daybreak, when the wind was blowing.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow.
I came home in time for a late lunch, and then Georgia and I headed off the to the beach.  By the time we arrived the wind was up from the south, to the point of small white caps (only visible looking south).  The sun was coming and going all day.
We had the beach pretty much to ourselves; only these joggers passed us.  We picked up 22 teeth, all small, and, by the way, March's take was a respectable 224.
The view with the sun at the end of the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment