Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday at the Beach

After our adventure in washing machine purchasing (not bad, really), we had lunch, and Skye and I headed off to the beach.  It was a rather nice day, 50s, sunny, blue breezy, but mostly from the west, so the bay close to the beach was calm, but I could see white caps not far out.
Skye, still on the leash after making me walk through the water to catch her a couple weeks ago.  It makes photography much more difficult.
A couple of Semipalmated Sandpipers  looking for food in the surf, on their way down from the Arctic to South America.
When we got to the narrow spot, the high tide had it totally underwater.  When I asked politely, Skye consented to go up the Calvert Beach steps to get around.
When I stopped to take this photo of the red Maple, a guy mowing his lawn across the street stopped me to request that I not take photos of his tree again.  It seems when I did, a couple weeks ago, all the leaves on his tree fell off the next day...

He was just kidding and we talked awhile, mostly dogs and leaves...
When we got around to the Calvert Beach boat ramp, the way forward was again blocked by water, and we gave in and trudged back.
Back on our beach, we found a bunch more people out enjoying to sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment