Monday, October 1, 2012

Italian Wildlife!

No, I'm not talking about last night's wine dinner, although that was pretty wild, at least for a bunch of old farts. Rather, I'm going to put up some wildlife pictures. Wildlife seems pretty scarce in Italy, probably owing to their habit of eating almost everything large enough to provide a bite. However, I got a couple.

A Crow or Raven, in a tree just inside the wall at Lucca. I've never seen one like this before.

A little lizard, on a lookout in the wall of Lucca. Again, a type I have not seen before, but which is reminiscent of a skink from America.

Probably the same species of lizard seen in the back yard in Paganico.

About the only other wildlife I've seen are the ubiquitous pigeons, some sparrows, and gulls near the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment