Sunday, August 5, 2012

Natural Gas is Killing Solar Power

Natural Gas, Not Corporations, Killing Solar Power

Actually, it's simple economics killing solar power, it's just so much more than the alternatives that hardly anyone is willing to pay the difference, except for certain applications where a self contained source is more important than the cost:

Natural gas, developed by fracking, is going to be the US's energy future, at least in the medium term.  While I'd like to see fusion power, I'm not holding my breath (I've been waiting my whole life).

1 comment:

  1. I really wish this were not the case. Where I am originally from, the county is all about solar power as solar panels are popping up everywhere. Now that I moved to the west coast, I am trying to research information on San Francisco Solar Power and whether or not I should make the investment. I guess I should wait and see what happens in the short term.

    ReplyDelete