Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Little Fishing 3/14/12

With Daylight Savings Time in effect, I actually have time to get a little fishing in after work, weather permitting.  Today it permitted.  It was warm today, up into the mid 70s and when I got home, I found the wind was a tolerable 10 mph from due south.

When I got near my destination, Location X, I found this floating nearby, which is especially interesting in that Georgia and I saw it(or one very much like it) on the road this morning.
The Chesapeake Bay Observations System  (CBOS) system are a network of observation buoys in the Bay.  There used to be one immediately across the Bay from this point, which had weather information available on line.  If this one goes live (it doesn't seem to be yet), it would be a very handy site for me to see the local weather.  There is a chain of buoys extending across the Bay today from this point that I could see, but this appeared to be the largest (I didn't go out and check out any of the others).
I also found Charlie out there fishing, having as much luck as I did, which is to say, none.  I think I had one fish on briefly, but I might have even be fighting a piece of rope on the bottom.  He left a little before I did.


Gratuitous Sunset picture.  A pretty nice ride out and back, even without having molested any fish.


 UPDATE: Charlie send this picture of me taking a picture...

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what that buoy is. I suspect the buoy you saw this morning was the Gooses Reef Buoy which was launched from Flag Harbor today.

    http://home.comcast.net/~chasla/GoosesBuoy.jpg

    I see it's up and running:

    http://buoybay.noaa.gov/locations/gooses-reef.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you're right. I wonder when they put in the CBOS buoy? It wasn't out there last time I was out.

    ReplyDelete