Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Principal "Resigns" After Cute Suspension


Last week we had the story about how the principal suspended the nine-year old student who said the teacher was cute to another student, and was overheard by a substitute teacher.  The principal told the students parents that the child was being accused of "sexual harassment".  It appears that the Superintendent of the School District either did not approve of the the level of punishment meted out to the fourth grader, or resented the national scrutiny being directed at his fief (possibly both):
Gaston County Schools Superintendent Reeves McGlohon would only say that Bostic submitted his resignation. McGlohon had no further comment.

“He (McGlohon) told me he had made the decision he was going to terminate me or drop me into an assistant principal position,” Bostic said. “I admit I made some errors in what I did, but to fire me or to demote me with 44 years in it, it just doesn’t make sense. To me he was a very heartless man, and he did it because of politics.”
I would say he was hoist on his own petard, because he gave a heartless, and probably counterproductive punishment to a very young student over a very mild comment, for the likely purpose of serving what I regard as a political goal, the inculcation  of PC values on children.

No comments:

Post a Comment