Friday, May 13, 2011

Another Nice Day for a Boat Ride

I had to do some scouting today for a place to do some work.  We are looking for a place off the Severn River to do some seagrass manipulations involving adding CO2 and reducing the pH.  Three other scientists and I set off to check out the Round Bay area of the Severn. We launched at Truxton Park, on Spa Creek at the lower end of the Severn.  We had very high tides today (note the dock nearly underwater).

Not a few really large really nice houses along the way today.  Alas, no time for fishing.





The US Naval Academy, and all its copper roofs, down where Spa Creek meets the Severn.  I like copper roofs; they give me something to study...


Your tour director.  Note the auto-inflatable PFD.  This is my summer PFD, when it's too warm for my float coat ( I nearly had heatstroke in that the other day).  All serious boaters should consider a PFDs for all weather.




We found what we're looking for, if we can get permission to use it.  Grass beds near docks where we might be able to get permission to put some power requiring instruments.  Now to find the owners and get permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment