Saturday, April 9, 2011

Smart Ass Phones?

Don’t Let Your iPhone See You Naked
If you’re an iPhone 4 user, it’s possible your phone may be going iPaparazzi on you. Some users of FaceTime are reporting in an Apple Discussion forum that a glitch is bringing up random photos of them that they themselves haven’t taken. “Very creepy for my phone to be taking pictures of me when I haven’t told it to,” writes one Machead.

Wired has a video of someone experiencing the glitch, though Wired staff were unable to replicate it and note that it seems to be affecting a small number of users. One forum commenter says the front-facing camera snapped a photo of him at work, where he has never taken a photo nor used FaceTime. One iPhone security researcher tells Wired, “I guess the moral of the story is don’t let your iPhone see you naked.”
 Hopefully my TracFone isn't smart enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment