Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fishing Report 4/3/11

I took off this afternoon to go to the fishing hole.  It was busy down there; I was the 11th boat, and jockeying around in the rushing water was problematical at best.  I saw a few fish caught, including some large ones, but for most of the afternoon I merely donated tackle to the rocks (If you're not losing tackle this time of year you're not fishing deep enough).  I did finally catch one medium (24 inches) in the rip about 5 PM. 

Around sunset I was set to go home, but I thought before I did I should go check out the spot where I saw some fish on the finder earlier in the day.  I hooked the fish above on the first cast using a 5 inch brown XXX brown shad.  Turned out to be a 33 inch fish.

OK, so now the trip has been worthwhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment