Sunday, January 16, 2011

YouTube Discovery

I was wandering around YouTube, going link to link, and I found this:



I've always like Joni Mitchell, even though she's gone weird(er). I think she's got one of the best and most distinctive voices in her end of music (folk-pop?), and not a bad guitar player, for a girl...

I'm more familiar with the song in this form:


 


The boys wander off into "Cumberland Blues" in the second half; consider it a bonus.

However, the song was written by John Phillips, of Mama and Pappas and incest fame:



Proving once and for all, some covers are better than the originals...

1 comment:

  1. Always have preferred the John Denver version of the song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idWrZtvzCgw

    But then I like John Denver. I find it hard to forgive him for getting killed in that plane crash.

    ReplyDelete